Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung has an international reputation in all fields of Natural History research. It runs six research institutes and two museums in Germany and is also in charge of the UNESCO World Heritage Site at Messel.
The Department of Botany, Senckenberg Museum of Natural History, Görlitz, seeks a Head of Mycology Division (full time)
- Heading the section mycology
- Research in taxonomy, systematics and evolution of fungi, mainly in the Palaearctic
- Developing collection and research profile of the section
- Initiating and developing own research projects, acquisition of research grants
- Cooperation with other research teams, especially within Senckenberg (e.g. working groups on soil organisms, phytoparasitic fungi)
- Continuous publication activities in peer-reviewed journals
- Academic teaching (courses and candidates)
- PhD in the respective field
- Outstanding expertise in taxonomy and systematic of Palaearctic fungi
- Experience in microscope techniques; knowledge on raster electron microscopy and related fields is an advantage
- Skills in organizing and curating scientific collections
- Experience in supervision of students and handling of projects
- German language skills are desirable but not mandatory
Salary and benefits are according to a public service position in Germany (TV-L E13, 100%) and will initially run for 5 years with the possibility of extension depending on the candidate’s performance.
The Senckenberg Research Institute supports equal opportunity of men and women and therefore encourages women to apply. Equally qualified handicapped applicants will be given preference as long as the type of disability does not prevent work needed to conduct the research.
The place of employment will be Görlitz, Germany. The employer is the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung.
Interested? Please send your application before June, 11th, 2013 preferably by e-mail (as a single pdf attachment, including a letter outlining your motivation to apply, a detailed CV, and, if available, publications, to the Head of Personnel and Social Affairs:
Mrs. Britta Werner, Leiterin Personal & Soziales, Senckenberg Gesellschaft, Senckenberganlage 25, 60325 Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Email: email@example.com
In addition to that, we would like you to indicate in your application the source that brought our job advertisement to your attention.
For scientific enquiries please get in contact with PD Dr. Karsten Wesche Karsten.Wesche@senckenberg.de, Tel. 0049 3581 4760-5300