With its 3,800 employees and 30,000 students, the University of Graz (Styria, Austria) provides an exciting and varied work environment. Due to our research and teaching competence we are a central institution for guaranteeing that Styria remains a research and education location.
The Institute of Plant Sciences is looking for an
University Assistant with doctorate
(40 hours a week; fixed-term employment until 30.06.2020; position to be filled as of July 1st 2014 )
• Independent research on systematics of fungi and/or lichens
• Contributions to the research activities of our lichenology and/or mycology group
• Acquisition of externally funded research projects, and conducting these projects
• Teaching systematic botany and phytogeography
• Participation in administrative agenda
• Supervising undergraduates and master students
• Ph.D. in biology, with main Focus on systematics of fungi and/or lichens
• Expertise in ecology of plants, fungi and lichens
• Expertise with field work, including taxonomic competence in plants, fungi and lichens
• Independent publishing activity in international journals
• Sufficient experience with fundraising procedures, especially with research proposals (desirable)
• Experience in teaching systematic botany
• Fluent in written and spoken English and German
• Communication and teamwork skills, organizing ability, proactivity, reliability
• Taking pleasure in scientific research, and in teaching and supervising students
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 3483.30 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: May 21th 2014 Reference Number: MB/81/99 ex 2013/14
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents within the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application and please send your CV and photo to:
Universitätsplatz 3 8010 Graz
For Information please contact Hr. Ao.Univ.-Prof. Mag. Dr. Helmut Mayrhofer, phone number: 43 (0) 316/380 – 5654.