We are happy to announce that Systematikdagarna 2023 will take place in Lund 27-28 November. More information will be published at systematikforeningen.se later. Hope to see you all there!
Systematikdagarna student presentation winners!
We are delighted to announce the winners for best student presentation 2022! Ruben Blokzijl (Stockholm University) won the prize for best student poster and Meri Lähteenaro (Stockholm University) won the prize for best student talk.
Systematikdagarna 2022 registration deadline approaching!
Registration for Systematikdagarna closes in a few days! (28 October). The Systematikdagarna conference page has recently been updated with information on prizes for best student talk/poster, titles and abstracts for keynote talks.
Kallelse till årsmöte med Svenska systematikföreningen/Invitation to the Annual General Meeting of the Swedish Systematics Association
Tidpunkt och plats
Måndag 21 november 2022 klockan 16, Naturhistoriska riksmuseet, Frescativägen 40, Stockholm. Årsmötet hålls i samband med Systematikdagarna 2022.
- Mötet öppnas
- Val av mötesordförande, mötessekreterare och två justeringspersoner
- Fråga om mötet blivit i behörig ordning utlyst
- Styrelsens årsberättelse inklusive ekonomisk berättelse
- Fråga om ansvarsfrihet för styrelsen för föregående års förvaltning
- Val av ordförande för föreningen
- Val av övriga styrelseledamöter
- Val av en revisor och en revisorssuppleant
- Val av valberedning på tre personer
- Fastställande av eventuell årsavgift
- Ärenden, som styrelsen förelägger årsmötet
- Övriga frågor som med motivering inkommit till styrelsen senast fyra veckor innan årsmötet
- Mötet avslutas
Passa också gärna på att bli medlem, för att stödja föreningen! Avgiften för 2022/2023 är 100 kr (gratis för grundutbildningsstudenter).
Invitation to the Annual General Meeting of the Swedish Systematics Association
Date and place
Monday 21 November 2022 at 16:00, Naturhistoriska riksmuseet (Swedish Museum of Natural History), Frescativägen 40, Stockholm. The meeting will take place during Systematikdagarna 2022.
- Meeting opens
- Election of meeting chair, meeting secretary and two attestors
- Question: has the meeting been advertised according to the statutes
- The board’s yearly report, including financial report
- Auditor’s report
- Question about discharge of liability for the board for the previous year’s administration
- Election of chairman of the association
- Election of other members of the board
- Election of one auditor and one deputy auditor
- Election of nomination committee consisting of 3 persons
- Decision on annual membership fee (if any)
- Other matters which the board submits to the meeting
- Other matters submitted to the board at least 4 weeks prior to the meeting
- Meeting ends
You are very welcome to become a member to support the association! The fee for 2022/2023 is 100 SEK (free for nongraduate students).
Registration open for Systematikdagarna 2022
Registration is now open for Systematikdagarna 2022, at Naturhistoriska riksmuseet (Swedish Museum of Natural History) in Stockholm, 21-22 November!
Deadline for registration is 28 October.
Call for Symposia, IBC 2024 (Madrid)
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
Two years ahead of the XX International Botanical Congress, we are pleased to launch the Call for Symposia. We encourage researchers worldwide to submit symposium proposals on a variety of topics through the IBC website. The call for symposia will remain open until December 30th, 2022. Symposia constitute a very important component of the XX IBC, please submit a proposal and help shape the meeting’s program! Also note that diversity of speakers in terms of gender, career stage, and geography will be one of the criteria for selecting proposals. Symposium proposals that bridge two or more of the 31 proposed topics, including novel views and/or multi-disciplinary research perspectives, are especially encouraged.
The Organizing Committee of the XX IBC.
Call for symposia
Proposal submission now available! The scientific committee will evaluate symposium proposals based on potential audience interest, scientific quality, and diversity of speakers in terms of gender, career stage, and geography, among others. Symposium proposals that bridge two or more of the 31 proposed topics, including novel views and/or multi-disciplinary research perspectives are especially encouraged. We will make an effort to accept as many proposals as possible. Each symposium will last for 2 hours and will consist of six 20-minute oral communications (15 min presentations + 5 min Q&A). To maximize the interchangeability of participants among concurrent symposia, changes to this schedule will not be allowed. Deadline for symposium proposals 30 December 2022. Proposal Submission
- Agroforestry Systems
- Biogeography / Phylogeography
- Botanical History
- Comparative Genomics / Transcriptomics
- Conservation Biology
- Crops and Wild Relatives
- Development and Structure
- Ecology and Plant Communities
- Education and Outreach
- Functional Genetics
- Global Change Ecology
- Hybrids and Hybridization
- Mycology and Lichenology
- Paleobotany / Archaeobotany
- Phylogenetics and Phylogenomics
- Plant, Animal, and Microbe Interactions
- Plant Biotechnology
- Population Genetics
- Restoration Ecology
- Reproductive Biology
Conference on eDNA and metabarcoding in Trondheim, Norway
We welcome participants to the BIOSCAN NOReDNA Conference, November 9-10, 2022: https://norbol.org/bioscan2022/
The aim of the conference is to bring together national researchers and stakeholders, as well as relevant Nordic partners and world leaders in this field to share experiences and encourage implementation of validated eDNA methods in research, management and regulation. The conference will be a meeting point for 110 participants and a venue to share current research, experience, standardization progress, biodiversity management and more that use eDNA and DNA metabarcoding.
Invited speakers are:
Sophie Arnaud-Haond, University of Montpellier, France
Kristine Bohmann, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Gentile Francesco Ficetola, University of Milan, Italy
Tomas Roslin, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
Registration for the BIOSCAN – NOReDNA Conference is free of charge and includes lunches and conference dinner. Participants book their own travel and accommodation.
Extended deadline for registration: August 1, 2022
Looking forward to see you in Trondheim!
For the Organizing Committee
Invitation to the Zoologica Scripta Symposium on ’The Role of Systematics for Understanding Ecosystem Functions’
On behalf of The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters and The Editors of the Zoologica Scripta, you are kindly invited to Zoologica Scripta Symposium on ’The Role of Systematics for Understanding Ecosystem Functions’
Time: 25.08.2022 09.30 – 25.08.2022 17.00
Place: The Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters, Drammensveien 78, 0271 Oslo
Confirmed keynote speakers are:
- Dr. Cecilia Lindblad, Swedish Environmental Protection Agency
- Dr. Hugo de Boer, University of Oslo, Natural History Museum
- Dr. Veronika Johansson, Swedish Museum of Natural History, Department of Bioinformatics and Genetics
- Dr. Torsten H. Struck, University of Oslo, Natural History Museum
- Dr. Niklas Wahlberg, Lund University
- Dr. Maarten Vanhove, Hasselt University, Centre for Environmental Sciences
- Dr. Dieter Piepenburg, Alfred Wegener Institute, Helmholtz Center for Polar and Marine Research
- Dr. Paula Pappalardo, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, Washington D.C.
- Dr. Bente Edvardsen, University of Oslo, Department of Biosciences, Section for Aquatic Biology and Toxicology
The symposium will end with a dinner including a wrap-up address ’The End of Evolution’
by Dr. Matthias Glaubrecht, Centre of Natural History, Leibniz Institute for the Analysis of Biodiversity Change, Hamburg
Efter två års uppehåll och digitala alternativ, siktar vi i år på att kunna genomföra en konferens på plats. Välkomna till Stockholm och Naturhistoriska riksmuseet den 21-22 november! Mer information kommer senare.
The Systematikdagarna 2022 conference will take place at the Swedish Museum of Natural History in Stockholm, 21-22 November. More information will be provided. Welcome!
2024 International Botanical Congress in Madrid
Earlier this year it was announced that due to the pandemic the next International Botanical Congress will be delayed one year and held in Madrid, Spain, in July 2024. The dates for the rescheduled Botanical Congress are as follows:
- Nomenclature Section, July 15-19, 2024
- Congress, July 21-27, 2024
The officers of the IBC Organizing Committee are Gonzalo Nieto Feliner (President), Juan Carlos Moreno (Vice-President) and Marcial Escudero (General Secretary). The organizing team has been working hard to form the necessary planning committees, hire the conference venue and conference management team, and prepare a website to provide details on the upcoming Congress. The Congress website is now live and additional details about the Congress will be added as they become available (https://ibcmadrid2024.com/). Information about the members of the Organizing Committee, Scientific Program Committee, and Advisory Committee can be found on the website.
The organizers look forward to welcoming everyone to Madrid in July, 2024!
Patrick Herendeen, Chair
Jiří Kvaček, Secretary
International Association of Botanical and Mycological Societies